Riverston School successfully delivers a bespoke and engaging curriculum for children of all ability levels.
We offer a range of activities that complement teaching and learning within the formal curriculum and serve to promote the cultural, physical, social, intellectual and spiritual growth of our children. We aim to teach children how to grow into healthy, positive, responsible people, who can work and co-operate with each other while developing knowledge, understanding and skills, so that they achieve their true potential.
Our values are reflected in our School Ethos: ‘Bespoke Learning for Life’ which is at the heart of the design and delivery of our curriculum. We actively ensure that pupils are given bespoke academic experiences, often tailor made to meet individual and different needs. Our distinctive curriculum is designed to ensure that mainstream, gifted and talented as well as pupils with special educational and learning needs are challenged and developed in a way to prepare them for future life in both academic and vocational routes.
Riverston School offers:
- A caring and supportive environment with a focus on excellent provision of pastoral care
- An education geared to get the very best from every child – stretching them academically to achieve and even exceed their expectations
- A full program of activity, brimming with opportunity
- A foundation that nurtures children and means when they leave the School it is as well balanced, considerate, confident and competent individuals
Riverston Nursery’s Aims:
- To instil a joy of learning
- To build children’s confidence and self-esteem
- To improve language and communication skills
- To encourage independence
- To teach children to show consideration for others
- To help prepare children for starting school
- We never lose sight of the fact that our children are individuals and we work closely with parents to achieve each child’s individual potential.
- Most of all, we know Nursery should be fun.
The School’s Aims:
- Provide a safe, supportive and caring environment in which to work.
- Provide a contemporary, innovative, engaging and enriching education.
- Equip our pupils with a range of life skills – academic, vocational, social, creative, sporting and moral.
- Build confidence and self – esteem and prepare our boys and girls for the next step in their education.
- Generate an understanding of the need for care and consideration for others within our community and the wider world.
- Work in partnership with parents and guardians to help our pupils achieve their full potential.
- Work with external academic and industry based institutions in order to offer a varied learning experience.
- In our 16+ provision we ensure that a programme of study appropriate to pupils’ needs is in place. All pupils are given the opportunity to learn and make progress whilst preparing for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of an independent life in British society.
- In addition, we specifically ensure that all pupils with Autism and other mild to moderate Special Educational Needs are given the support to become successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.